Party girl icon and host of THE BEST TV SERIES EVER CREATED “Taradise”, Tara Reid is coming to Wizard World St. Louis. For any child of the 90s (me), Tara Reid was the bombshell and star of many great teen movies. Her career has taken a campy turn of late as she’s the star of the Sharknado series on Sci-Fi. In a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, Tara called the series “the best career decision I’ve ever made.”
Does Tara have any career defining performances? No. Is she still an icon? YES ABSOLUTELY, SO SHUT UP.
As you’ll recall, Tara’s career had been in a bit of a limbo before she took the role of April in “Sharknado.” She had the displeasure of working with Ashton Kutcher in “My Boss’s Daughter”. She had to do that American Pie reunion movie where they were all adults and no one really cared about it. But then she did “Sharknado” and David Hickley with the New York Daily News described it as, “An hour and a half of your life that you’ll never get back. And you won’t want to.”
So now we are at Wizard World and Tara will be there signing autographs, posing for photos with fans an probably partaking in a panel discussion about her career. I can not wait. It will singularly be the most meta moment of my life. If you are interested in going to Wizard World, you can buy a weekend pass for the price of $79.95 in advance here. Single day passes can be purchased here. As for autograph tickets/ photo op tickets: there is no danger of them selling out. Celebrities are at their booths all weekend working for those coins. Wizard World will be held at America’s Convention Center Complex. Fun stuff.
Some biographical notes about Tara Reid
- She loves bikinis and has her own bikini line
- She went out a lot in the 2000s
- She doesn’t anymore. She feels like a prisoner in her own home now.
- She was Melody in Josie and the Pussycats and that was the best movie ever created in 2001.
- She once was engaged to Carson Daly and then things just went downhill
- She hosted the best TV show ever in existence Taradise. Damn you E! for canceling. Again, downhill.
- Then Sharknado happened. Sharknado is amazing.